A few days ago, I was connecting with my art licensing friend Phyllis Dobbs online and she followed up by e-mailing me some wonderful news! She is currently preparing to present a new seminar along with two other very successful art licensing artist friends of mine, Karen Embry and Brenda Pinnick.
You see, she explained that there are so many new things that have shifted in the last few years concerning the business of art licensing that they felt the urgency to put together this affordable seminar. They are going share some cutting-edge insights into the inner-workings of how to make your art licensing business really work, based on their combined $200,000+ investment and years of experience!
Some of the things they are going to share with participants:
- How to approach and present yourself to a manufacturer
- Creating licensable art
- Marketing materials – must haves
- How to prepare and present a portfolio – what manufacturers expect to see
- Deliverables- what manufacturers will expect from you
- Investing in your business
- Defining and finding your place in the crowded field of licensing
- How color and trends relate to your business
– the importance of color, plus, trends vs. fads
- How to wear a business hat and still be a “nice girl”- when and how to say “no” to bad deals, plus, let’s talk about money.
In our new, global marketplace, the need for unique, inspired art & design continues, however, the playing field has drastically changed in the last few years. While art and design remain at the core, there are new expectations and new challenges you need to understand before investing your time, energy and money into marketing your creative works and your brand.
You won’t want to miss this business building seminar hosted by three successful art & design licensors! Karen, Phyllis and Brenda each have been the recipient of the prestigious Plaid New Horizons award, have over 50 cumulative years of working in art licensing and marketing, and are currently licensing their work in many categories such as home goods, stationery, rugs, textiles, tabletop, gifts and crafts. Each of them exhibit in varying venues including Surtex, America’s Mart, CHA & The Licensing Show. You will receive first hand advice, insider information and tips, along with the challenges posed in the new, art licensing arena. The topics covered will be an invaluable resource for your business!
For your convenience, here is a PDF with all the details.
You can also, visit Brenda’s, Karen’s, or Phyllis’ blog with more info.
– x – x – x – x – x – x – x – x –
Plus, as the Founder of ArtOfLicensing.com, I have some VERY exciting news and goodies that I will be unveiling at this event concerning upcoming member benefits and opportunities!
See you in Anaheim!