With Valentines’ day coming up and love in the air, I thought I would take some inspiration from my art licensing friend and mentor Tara Reed and write about why I love art licensing. So here we go. . .
- I love the process of product development. It is a thrill to start with an idea or image, expand it, grow it and refine it until it becomes something new and different. Figuring out how to present and market a new product concept is an exciting puzzle to piece together.
- I love alternating between the fast pace deadlines and long hours painting new art licensing collections in my studio, while listening to music that inspires creation. Being able to set my own schedule and follow my dreams is a major plus to running my own design studio.
- I love creating designs and color combinations that will impact and inspire others that eventually find them at retail. Reaching into and touching strangers lives with love and hope is a pure delight.
- It is an incredible feeling to wake up every morning, knowing you are your own boss. I have an incredible sense of passion and purpose for a specific vision for my brand, “Something to Cherish.” I love being able to earn a living creating, painting and designing images and graphics that solve problems and meet needs for the companies with whom I choose to work.
- And most of all it is the wonderful plethora of people I meet along the way. It is the art directors and designers and fellow artists I am privileged to know and work with. They inspire me to be better, to reach for new heights and are a complete joy to collaborate with, even on the most challenging projects.