Love nature, flowers, and people and always believe that life is a gift.
Something to Cherish® is an idea, a vision created by modern watercolor designer, Cherish Flieder, to embody beautifully painted illustrations on items that we surround ourselves and our loved ones with on a daily basis. She believes that each soul is worthy of true love, is beautiful, and is fully deserving to live their most cherished life in heart, mind, body, and spirit. Flowers and all of Creation are Cherish's inspirations for translating this message of love into artistic creations that can become something to cherish.
"I'm passionate about designing beautiful things that welcome joy and artistry into our busy lives. Reminders to slow down and cherish every moment and the loved ones around us."
About the Designer
Cherish Flieder is well-known for her enthusiasm in the business of licensing art and the creator of the trademarked art lifestyle brand, Something to Cherish®, whimsically elegant and beautifully joyful modern watercolors. She enjoys keeping one eye on the trends while creating original work that appeals to her multi-generational and predominantly female fans.
Cherish is an internationally featured and an award-winning artist, based in Golden, Colorado. Her quality designs have helped to sell millions of dollars of product all over the world. Her work has been seen at retail in galleries, boutique craft, gift, stationery, and garden shops as well as high-end resorts, country clubs, upscale department stores such as Macy's and Nordstrom, J.C. Penney, Jo-Ann Fabric Stores, and even Barnes & Noble end-cap displays. She has designed thousands of SKUs in men's and women's fashion apparel and accessories, books (including children's books), magazines, craft and stationery products, greeting cards, art prints, technology cases, gifts concepts, and more. While pursuing her love of designing products and surface patterns, she was given the opportunities to become highly experienced in designing and illustrating for custom packaging, POP marketing, highly-complex catalogs, billboards, and retail fixtures.
In addition to her professional work, Cherish has been an adjunct illustration instructor at Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design since 2008, preparing hundreds of graduating students for their professional careers in the arts. She feels that it is a privilege to give back to her community and to help educate up-and-coming art professionals. To further this effort, she has nurtured a global community of well over 20K creatives involved in or interested in licensing artwork. The ArtofLicensing.com network that she founded online in 2009 spans across LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. In March 2015, she officially launched ArtLicensingShow.com®, a private online community where art licensors can post custom and private portfolios for potential licensing partners to review online, any day of the year, from the comfort of their computer station or mobile device.
Other interesting facts/credentials:
- In 4 years, earned triple major BFA degrees in Illustration, Design and Fine Art with a minor in Leadership and emphases in French and Biblical Studies. Graduated at the top of her classes from Rocky Mountian College of Art & Design and Colorado Christian University and was awarded a multitude of scholarships along the way.
- Developed higher-education art courses and taught hundreds of students computer illustration, design, and web design technology and illustration marketing as an Adjunct Illustration instructor for 10 years at Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design.
- Guest speaker to numerous professional art groups and universities, including Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators, Craft & Hobby Association,The Artist Entrepreneur Network, Surface Pattern Design Guild, Colorado Independent Publisher's Association, Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design, Colorado Christian University and Colorado Alliance of Illustrators to name a few.
- Featured 3-D chalk artist with her artist husband, Benjamin Hummel, at many art festivals, colleges, and universities such as Carnegie Mellon University and Denison University - PeopleOfTheChalk.com.
- A natural born creative entrepreneur, she has been drawing designs and learning the art of creating products since she was old enough to hold a pencil.
- Has a big heart for children and families. Her parents cared for and helped raise 9 special-needs and multiethnic children in addition to their 4 biological children of which Cherish is the eldest. As you could imagine, many memorable adventures ensued.
- A Colorado "Pioneer" native, she feels blessed to live in the beautiful foothills of Golden, Colorado where she hikes, gardens, and cares for her husband along with their tenacious rescue kitty, Lady Guinevere.
ART, DESIGN & MARKETING IN ONE
"It's my goal to exceed expectations by pairing innovative designs with dynamic marketing strategies.
Together we can create a meaningful impact in the world around us."
Also Seen at...
ART ---> Product ---> Market
Something to Cherish® is currently open to expanding further into the following product categories:
- Home Décor
- Wall Art
- Stationery/Paper Goods
- Bolt Fabric